Julie Tetzlaff, PhD
Assistant Dean of Postdoctoral Education
Assistant Professor of Pathology
Dr. Tetzlaff conducts research on Sudden Infant Death Syndrome in collaboration with other members of the Pediatric Pathology Department as well as the Milwaukee County Medical Examiner’s office. She also supports departmental initiatives in a variety of areas such as SUID prevention and cancer diagnostics in other countries. In addition, she coordinates projects, grants and research within the Pathology Department. Dr. Tetzlaff also supports and promotes the Children’s Research Institute’s Core laboratories developed by the Pediatric Pathology department.
Dr. Tetzlaff also has an administrative appointment as the Assistant Dean of Postdoctoral Education at MCW. In this role, she guides the professional and career development of MCW and Blood Research Institute (BRI) Postdoctoral trainees. Here, she is building career development pathways for postdocs including paths to: Academia, Teaching and Industry. She is also faculty advisor to the Postdoc Industry Consultants (PICO). A group of industrial and entrepreneurial minded postdoctoral trainees from area academic institutions that provide business consulting to SE Wisconsin companies.
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome
- Infant Mortality
- Professional and career development
- Entrepreneurial initiatives
- Scientist, Seaside Therapeutics, Cambridge, MA (2008-2011)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Pathology, Medical College of Wisconsin (2011-Present)
- Assistant Dean of Postdoctoral Education, Postdoctoral Office, Medical College of Wisconsin (2014-Present)
- BA, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- PhD, Loyola University Chicago, Maywood, IL
- Postdoc, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA