Susan M. Koethe, PhD
Professor of Pathology;
Work Group Leader for the Curricular and Interprofessional Development Work Group, MCW
Dr. Koethe received her Ph.D. in Immunology from Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, and did her Postdoctoral Fellowship in the Department of Pathology at the Medical College of Wisconsin. Her current role is as the Faculty Work Group Leader for Curricular and Interprofessional Development of the MCW Community Medical Education Program (CMEP). Dr. Koethe is leading the development of the accelerated curriculum where students on the regional campuses will have an intense clinical experience that will prepare them for beginning their clerkships at the end of their first year.
- Innovations in medical education
- Introduction of unique quality indicators to laboratory medicine
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Pathology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI (1974 – 1976)
- Professor, Department of Pathology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI (1995 – present)
- BS (Chemistry), San Diego State University, San Diego, CA (1967)
- PhD (Immunology), Harvard University, Cambridge, MA (1974)
Koethe SM, Nelson KE, Becker CG: Activation of the classical pathway of complement by tobacco glycoprotein (TG). J Immunol 155:826-835, 1995.
Ivanovic B, Koethe S, Krogul S: A case-based Integrated curriculum on the World Wide Web. Acad Med 72(5): 415-416, 1997.
Koethe SM, Kuhnmuench JR, Becker CG: Neutrophil priming by cigarette smoke condensate and a tobacco anti-Idiotypic antibody. Am J Pathol 157(5): 1735-1743, 2000.
Mol, CJ, Koethe, SM: QuantiFERON-TB GOLD-An Innovation in Tuberculosis Screening. American Association of Occupational Health Nurses Journal 54(6): 245-247, 2006.