Kenneth Alan Iczkowski, MD
Dr. Iczkowski is the urologic (GU) pathologist for Froedtert Hospital/Medical College of Wisconsin; he also covers some general surgical pathology and heart biopsy specimens. He has ongoing research in prostate pathology and teaches residents and students. He is a member of the Institutional Review Board.
- Atypical small acinar proliferation (ASAP) suspicious for malignancy in prostatic needle biopsies, as compared with the minimum criteria for a diagnosis of cancer
- CD44 standard isoform and variants 7-10 isoform generated by alternate splicing, and their roles in prostate cancer. U.S. Patent No. 11/579,785.
- The cribriform pattern of prostate cancer and its ability to predict increased chance of PSA failure
- Association of prostatic atrophy with high-grade PIN and low-grade cancer by digital, topographic analysis
- Macrophage migration inhibitory factor (MIF) gene as marker for prostate cancer; MIF gene polymorphisms which are associated with susceptibility and severity of prostate cancer. U.S. Patent No. 7,745,121.
- Role of MIF and its receptor CD74 in urinary bladder cystitis and interstitial cystitis
- The ability of dual 5α-reductase inhibitor dutasteride to induce atrophic changes and decreases relative cancer volume in the human prostate
- Adenoid cystic/ basal cell carcinoma of the prostate and its expression of Her-2/neu
- Correlation of MRI imaging of prostate with subsequent topgraphic images of cancer in whole-mounted prostatectomy specimen
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, PATHOLOGY, Univ. of Florida, Gainesville 2000—2007
- ASSISTANT & ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, PATHOLOGY, Univ. of Colorado Health Science Center 2007—2011
- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, PATHOLOGY, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee August 1, 2013-
- BACHELOR OF ARTS (BIOLOGY) Columbia University in the City of New York
- POST SOPHOMORE FELLOWSHIP, PATHOLOGY St. Louis University Medical Center, St. Louis, Missouri
- DOCTOR OF MEDICINE St. Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri
- RESIDENT IN PATHOLOGY Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, New Hampshire
- FELLOW IN ANATOMIC PATHOLOGY University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas
- FELLOW IN UROLOGIC PATHOLOGY, with Dr. David G. Bostwick Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
- Diplomate, American Board of Pathology (Anatomic), 11/8/95
Iczkowski, K.A., MacLennan, G.T., and Bostwick, D.G. Atypical small acinar proliferation suspicious for malignancy in prostate needle biopsies: clinical significance in 33 cases. American Journal of Surgical Pathology 1997;21:1489-1495.
Lu, D., Tawfik, O., Pantazis, C., Hobart, W., Chapman, J., and Iczkowski, K. Altered expression of CD44 and variant isoforms in human adenocarcinoma of the endocervix during progression. Gynecologic Oncology 1999;75:84-90.
Omara-Opyene, A.L., Qiu, J., Shah, G., Iczkowski, K.A. Prostate cancer invasion is influenced more by expression of a CD44 isoform including variant 9 than by Muc18. Laboratory Investigation 2004;84:894-907.
(shared first authors) Jiang, Z., and Iczkowski, K.A., Woda, B.A., Tretiakova, M., Yang, X.J. P504S immunostaining boosts diagnostic resolution of suspicious foci in prostatic needle biopsies. American Journal of Clinical Pathology 2004;121:99-107.
Iczkowski, K.A., Hossain, D., Torkko, K.C., Qian, J., Lucia, M.S., Wheeler, T.M., Rewcastle, J., Bostwick, D.G. Preoperative prediction of unifocal, unilateral, margin-negative, and small volume prostate cancer. Urology 2008;71:1166-71.
Iczkowski, K.A., Torkko, K.C., Kotnis, G.R., Wilson, R.S., Huang, W., Wheeler, T.M., Abeyta, A.M., La Rosa, F.G., Cook, S., Werahera, P.N., Lucia, M.S. Digital quantification of five high-grade prostate cancer patterns, including the cribriform pattern, and their association with adverse outcome. American Journal of Clinical Pathology 2011;136:98-107.
Iczkowski, K.A., Torkko, K.C., Wilson, R.S., Lucia, M.S., Bostwick, D.G. Prostatic atrophy: its spatial proximity to carcinoma and intraepithelial neoplasia based on annotation of digital slides. Human Pathology 2013; in press.
This list is non-existent - Please remove the [people-lists list=ENTER] code.