Zainab Basir, MD
Associate Professor of Pathology
Dr. Basir completed a 5-year residency in Anatomic and Clinical pathology at Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN, (1997). This was followed by a Cytopathology fellowship also at Indiana University (1998). She is boarded in Anatomic and Clinical pathology with subspecialty board in Cytopathology. Dr. Basir was recruited by the Medical College of WI in 1998 as Assistant Professor in the Department of Pathology. She assumed the duties of Director of Breast Pathology in February 2008.
- Dr. Basir has broad interests in surgical pathology. Her areas of interest include breast, gynecologic, and cytopathology fine needle aspirations (FNAs).
- With the introduction of subspecialty sign-out in February 2008, her main emphasis in the department is breast pathology and gyncologic pathology.
- Doctor of Medicine – Fatimah Jinnah Medical College – Lahore, Pakistan (1982)
- Residency in Anatomic & Clinical Pathology – Medical College of Georgia – Augusta (1992-1994)
- Residency in Anatomic Pathology – Indiana University Medical Center – Indianapolis (1994-1997)
- Fellowship in Cytopathology – Indiana University Medical Center – Indianapolis (1997-1998)
- Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology