Irene Aguilera-Barrantes, MD
Assistant Professor of Pathology
Dr. Aguilera is the Associate Residency Program Director for Anatomical Pathology. Dr. Aguilera’s responsibilities include breast pathology and gynecologic pathology service work as well as teaching of medical students and residents.
- Ovarian serous neoplasms
- Cervical adenocarcinomas
- Assistant Professor, Department of Pathology, Hospital San Juan de Dios, San Jose, Costa Rica (2010 – 2012)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Pathology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin (2012 – Present)
- Anatomic and Clinical Pathology Residency, The Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, Ohio
- Surgical Pathology Fellowship, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas
- Gynecological Pathology Fellowship, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas
- Anatomic and Clinical Pathology (2008)
- Irene Aguilera-Barrantes, Beth Euscher, Carl Morrison and Gerard J Nuovo. “Female Reproductive System” The Cancer Handbook Second Edition, pages 644-675; Editor: Malcolm R. Alison, Publisher: Wiley, 2007.
- Mohara J, Aguilera I, Goldman BI, Fisher CA, Gaughan JP, Libonati JR, Furukawa S, Singhal AK. “Effects of nutrient and hemoglobin enriched cell free perfusates upon ex vivo isolated rat heart preparation” ASAIO J. 2005 May-Jun;51(3):288-95.