I would like to sincerely thank everyone who joined us at the 4th Annual Midwestern Conference: Update Course in Surgical Pathology. Held at the Intercontinental Hotel in downtown Milwaukee, the Midwestern Course was a huge success. With over 100 attendees, we are tremendously pleased and appreciative of your support.
Thank you for participating in the event!
We are happy to announce that we have chosen a date for 2012. With your suggestions and support we are able to host the 5th Midwestern Conference at the InterContinental Hotel the weekend of September 14 through 16, 2012.
I would like to express special thanks to our 2011 guest speakers, without which the course would not have been compelling and informative.
- Thomas Colby, MD – Geraldine C. Zeiler Professor and Chair, Department of Laboratory Medicine & Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Arizona
- Maria Merino, MD – Chief, Surgical Pathology, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Maryland
- Victor G. Prieto, MD, PhD – Director of Dermatopathology, Department of Pathology, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Texas
- Victor E. Reuter, MD – Professor and Vice-Chair, Department of Pathology, Director, Immunohistochemistry Core Facility, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York
- Mark H. Stoler, MD – Professor of Pathology & Clinical Gynecology, Associate Professor of Surgical & Cytopathology, Department of Pathology, University of Virginia Health System, Virginia
- Bruce M. Wenig, MD – Chairman, Department of Pathology, Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, Professor, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York
Thank you as well to our faculty speakers who created an insightful and interesting atmosphere conducive to a learning experience.
- Elizabeth Cochran, MD – Professor of Pathology, Director of Neuropathology & Autopsy Service
- Alexandra Harrington, MD – Assistant Professor of Pathology, Director of Coagulation
- Bryan Hunt, MD – Assistant Professor, Head & Neck, Pathology & Cytopathology
- Steven Kroft, MD – Professor & Vice-Chair, Director of Hematopathology
- Alexander Mackinnon, MD, PhD – Assistant Professor Pathology, Director of Clinical & Translational Research Core Lab
- Horatiu Olteanu, MD, PhD – Assistant Professor of Pathology, Director of Flow Cytometry
- Jose Plaza, MD – Assistant Professor of Pathology, Director of Dermatopathology
- Arjun Rao, MD – Associate Professor of Pathology, Director of Cytopathology
- Benjamin Yan, MD, PhD – Assistant professor of Pathology, Gastorintestinal & Liver Pathology
- Eduardo Zambrano, MD – Associate Professor of Pathology, Director of Surgical Pathology, Director of Musculoskeletal Pathology
At the 4th Annual Midwestern Conference we received valuable feedback from many attendees. We take these suggestions seriously and appreciate the time taken to give advice and encouragement so we may continue to offer our yearly conference.
Again, thank you for attending The Midwestern Conference: Update Course in Surgical Pathology in September, 2011. We hope to see you again at the September 14 – 16, 2012 conference.
Saul Suster, MD
Professor and Chairman
Department of Pathology
Medical College of Wisconsin